How to Care for Your Hair in the Summer
The summer is a great time of year. The sun is shining, the pool is cool, and you hopefully get to take a vacation! There’s only one problem – it can be horrible for your hair.
The summer heat can dry your hair in a much different way than the dry of the winter. With the sun beating down on it constantly, it starts to take a hit. That’s why a lot of people’s hair bleaches during the summer. Bleaching is not good for your hair. It is basically burning it.
Chlorine is even worse. In and out of the chemicals can incredibly damage your hair. Before you know it, you’ll have Barbie hair, which feels like plastic. It’s not a good feeling or look. It also doesn’t do much for the health of your hair.
What to Do to Protect Your Hair During the Summer
You can protect your hair from the summer easily. You just need to do it. Your beautiful hair will thank you for implementing these tips:
- Wear a hat on your head when going outside in the sun.
- Use a sun umbrella if you don’t want to ruin your hair style.
- Before going into the pool, wet your hair and put some conditioner in it. Don’t wash the conditioner out before getting into the pool.
- Make sure to use conditioner.
- Leave in conditioner is good for your hair during the summer.
- See a professional if your hair is already damaged for a deep conditioning.
- Wash your hair after you’ve been in the pool or ocean.
- Don’t put your hair up in a ponytail or bun when it’s wet.
With these tips, you can protect your hair from the damaging sun and summer heat.
Visit Hair Salon Davie FL
When you’re ready for a refresher or new look, visit our hair salon, Davie FL. We would love to give you the look you’ll love.